DATES AND HOURS OF OPERATION:
The Flea operates at many different locations and times. Please be aware of load-in and set-up times.
The Somerville Flea Market (outdoors in Davis Square) will operate every Sunday from August 4th, 2019 through October 20th, 2019, including holiday weekends. Market hours are 10AM – 4PM. The markets arerain or shine
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
The Somerville Flea is a curated or juried market. All applicants are required to submit an application and 5 photos of their wares for review with description.. Online applicants will be notified as quickly as possible. Not every vendor will be accepted. We may not contact you if you have not been deemed an appropriate fit. The Flea reserves the right to decide who is eligible to sell at the market for any reasonable reason. Please review market policies before applying. Click HERE to apply for the 2019 season.
• The cost is for a 10’×15’ reserved (150 sq. ft.)spot is $60 per market . You are making a commitment to participate on at least three (3) reserved dates and will be responsible for payment in advance of those dates. Carefully review the payment, cancellation and date change policies before applying.
• PAID status is the only way to guarantee a confirmed spot at The Flea.
• If accepted, you will receive an electronic invoice. Payment is due upon receipt.
• Failure to pay on time will result in losing your desired market dates.
• You may reserve as many additional dates as you like during the season as long as spots are still available, they must be paid immediately, upon receipt of invoice.
• IMPORTANT: by selecting dates, you are making a commitment to The Somerville Flea and are responsible for immediate payment of those dates whether you attend or not. You are automatically put into the system for those dates and will be billed. If you are not prepared to make this commitment, please do not apply as a vendor.
10’ x 15’ – $60, paid at least 5 days in advance
Two vendors may share a space and split booth fee of $80, however both parties must submit individual applications. Shared space is applicable only to 10’ x 15’ spots. Let us know on the application that you are sharing. Both business names, websites, facebook pages are required. However, we will issue only one invoice for the full amount. Both businesses should be square with the MA IRS to pay sales tax. Make sure to give us the name or business to be invoiced.
Upon acceptance you will be sent an electronic invoice payment page. Please pay the invoice immediately. Due to increased demand you will forfeit your reservation
You may wish to pay in full and in advance for all your reserved dates. To do so, please click on the ‘pay invoice online’ button on your electronic invoice.
PAYMENTS ARE DUE:
Upon receiving them
The Somerville Flea is a rain or shine market. Booth fees are non-refundable. You are responsible for payment of your reserved dates, whether you attend or not. No credits or make-up dates will be granted for cancellations received in the 10 days prior to the market or for no-shows. In order to present the best and most vibrant market we will require the 10 days to fill your reserved space for another vendor.
In order to switch a date we need at least 10 days e-mailed notice. Vendors are permitted free date changes Date changes are subject to availability.
ADDITIONAL DATES: We may be able to accommodate additional dates with less than 10 days notice. please email us at the appropriate email if you are interested.
The Somerville Flea is a rain or shine market. By choosing to participate in a rain or shine market, vendors assume all risks associated with adverse weather conditions. No refunds, credits or make-up dates will be given to vendors who choose not to attend a market for weather related reasons.
Market cancellations are considered only in the very rare event of an official severe weather warning. Market cancellations are at the sole discretion of the managers of The Somerville Flea. No refunds, credits or make-up dates will be granted in the event of a market cancellation due to weather or if the market closes early due to severe weather.
SETUP & OPERATION OF VENDOR SPACES:
• Our Market staff will assist in assigning spaces to vendors as they arrive at the market.
• Booth set-up is not permitted before 7:30AM on market day and vendors must be ready for operation by 10:00AM.
• Booths must be staffed during operating hours, 10:00AM-4:00PM. Breakdown of your booth before 4:00PM is not permitted, unless permission is first obtained by the market manager. Operations of the market should not be disrupted, nor the safety and convenience of shoppers or vendors be jeopardized.
• Vendors are required to have tents as we are a rain or shine event. Please arrange for a tent.
Weights for tents are mandatory at each of our markets. At least 40 lbs per tent leg. For instructions on how to make your own and purchase, Check out these sites
• The Vendors are responsible for keeping their space attractive during market hours and for cleaning up their space after the market closes, including removal of garbage and sweeping up any loose debris. This is a city lot. Leave it clean.
• The Somerville Flea reserves the right to refuse or terminate any vendor who does not comply with the above guidelines.
TAX ID CERTIFICATES:
Tax ID Numbers are REQUIRED in Massachusetts. All Exhibitors must be in compliance with State & Federal Tax Laws and display Tax ID Certificate in booth. This is required for both in state and out of state vendors. If you do not have a tax id certificate, you can obtain one online in a few minutes at no cost. Click HERE to register with the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Full Policies Here: 2018 TSF Vendor Policies.docx
The SOMERVILLE FLEA STATEMENT:
The Somerville Flea and all of it’s managers and employees reserve the right to remove, sanction and terminate any vendor whom displays, sells, behaves in a way that is deemed detrimental or inappropriate to the market. Such behavior will be based on the opinion of the The Somerville Flea managers and/or it’s employees. The Somerville Flea will not be liable for refunds and/or expenses incurred if sanctioned for any of the above reasons. The Somerville Flea managers and employees reserve the right to remove, any vendor who misrepresents himself or his products. As a juried/curated market, the promoter reserves the right not to select vendors who may not be appropriate for the market.